How is your 12 month old progressing???

My daughter just turned one a couple weeks ago. Yay now she's a toddler anyway she is about 28 1/2 inches long and weighs 20.6 lbs. She walks like a champ. She can also point and wave byebye but she doesn't really say much. She babbles a lot but they dont really sound like words except Na (which she calls everything) and Mama, DaDa, and BaBa. She is off the bottle but I'm not ready to tackle the pacifier thing yet. She sleeps through the night and has for months now and she only has 4 teeth.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Almost 14 mos. We have about 22 words. We point to pictures and name things as well as use a few phrases. Just give it some time and it will all occur.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• almost 15 months here and he is saying many many words. i can ask him where things or people are and he will point. he knows where mommys eyes and nose are. when i say outside he goes to the door and gets really excited.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 12 months and my son has a very good vocab. he says, bye, hi, hey, dad, mom, granddaddy, grandmama, paa (for paci), pa (for pa and grandpa), nana, no no, boy, ball, dog, cat, cow, car, out, moos, barks, meows, waves, shakes and nods his head, points, and i know i'm forgetting other things. he doesn't say phrases yet. i did teach him at about 8mo to sign milk. so, he tells me when he's ready to nurse by signing.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2009