FOR SAHM:

WHY DID U CHOOSE TO STAY HOME WITH YOUR CHILDREN??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because I was laid off and I couldn't afford daycare. I would love to work but the profession that I was in is virtually impossible to find anything right now. I really love working and I had to learn to love to stay at home all day. Now I love being a stay at home mom I wouldn't trade it in for anything.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I didnt choose too. I got laid off and then i got married. After getting married i thought to look for a job, but we couldnt afford childcare for me to look for one in the first place and didnt qualify for free childcare options like other low income people. so, i stayed at home and took care of my DSS.

I cant wait to go back to work or school. Still trying to figure out how i can make that happen now that my life has changed drastically.
    But once i have one of my own i will hopefully stay at home (maybe work from home) for at least a year!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We did not want to send our son to day care and some one else raise him.
    alissa0122

Answer by alissa0122 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Couldn't find a daycare to fit my standards.
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 3:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Because my husband's in the army and we have 3 kids so it made more sense for me to stay at home.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I didn't decide to have kids, to just put them in daycare. Daycare is expensive! and you only have one shot at watching your baby grow into a child, then they are off to school.
    I took care of my 1st 3 until the last one went to school, then I worked for the same school district they were attending, so I could have the same days off and worked the same hours.
    Then I had my son and will continue to be his only caregiver until he starts school, then I will go back to the school district.
    I take parenting seriously. Even though we do not have nearly the amount of "STUFF" 2 parent working households have, it's okay because my kids will look back and remember I was in their life, raising them not someone else.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We agreed before we even married that we wanted children and one of us would stay home to raise those children. It didn't matter then which one of us. Since he had the better paying job I became the one to stay home. We didn't want our children raised by strangers in a day care center.

As the wheresthewayout said, we don't have as much "stuff" as 2 income households have, we have a lot of memories and closeness. We really don't want the "stuff" anyway. Kids grow up too fast. I don't want to miss all of it. I also feel it's important for us to be instilling our morals, values and ideals into our children.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It's what I've always wanted to do - I can't imagine not seeing my kids all day long. Even now, they're older and in school, but I still miss them and can't wait until school lets out. I also enjoy going in to volunteer in their school, meet them for lunch, and be home with them on their days off. My mom stayed home with me and took me to museums, parks, libraries, planetariums - exposed me to a variety of experiences that taught me a lot. I did, and do, the same with my kids because I think it's important.

Answer by missanc at 3:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Is there a daycare that raises kids?? I've never seen one here in Florida... guess I need to look around more.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009