What is it with this lady? bad people around her?

Organizers of an Anchorage event that has been billing Sarah Palin for weeks as a star speaker were left scrambling Wednesday after learning that the former governor won't be there for tonight's event and claims to have never been asked.

It would be at least the fourth time in recent months that an anticipated Palin speech has fallen through after Palin and her camp disputed they had ever confirmed it. That includes the brouhaha over whether she'd speak at the annual congressional Republican fundraising dinner in Washington, D.C., this summer.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/912369.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Super Flake, super flake...she's super flakey AWWW!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Once is an accident. Twice might be miscommunication. But four times? Smacks of poor management by her staff. She'll find herslef kicked off the speaker circuit if things don't improve rapidly...no one will trust her.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

It can't be her , right? It really sounds like she has incompetent people around her..4 times!?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You mean to tell me she quit again? I wish I could pretend to be shocked--but let's face it, it is what she does best!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 3:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• "It can't be her , right? It really sounds like she has incompetent people around her..4 times!?"

Well, her only in the respect that she chose her staff. But I doubt she puts her own calendar together...when you get to this level you have your "people" do it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Who cares what an incompetent political HAS-BEEN is doing (or not doing). She's irrelevant, even to the people in her own state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The event planner has to take some of the blame. I spent several years as event planner for different OWC/OSC's. I got all of my confirmations in writing. I also spoke with the "people" several times leading up to the event. I never had a no show. My group was a "no show" once though. A great deal of time and effort had gone into planning a wine tasting/party at a vineyard, we even had bottles with special labels for us. The date of the event...9/12/01. It was an absolutely understandable cancellation considering we were military and in NJ.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• just another reason i am so glad mccain and her LOST
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• WHY is this important news? She still has all of the libs on their heels--just wondering what she'll do next! She's a private citizen now....doesn't much matter what she does or doesn't do with her days, anymore than you all should be concerned with my day! lololol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009