cats meowing is driving us nuts

A month ago I got a 1 yr old cat from the shelter. She had been there for 7 months. Now all she does is sits at the window or by the door meowing. When she does give up, on the fact she is not going out, she walks around meowing. She gets plenty of attention. Is this just a phase? something she has to outgrow?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pets

• is she fixed? if not she could be in heat....if she is fixed there is a chance the "fix" didnt get it all...have her checked by a vet...she acts like she is sensing another animal or cat...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Aww,that is crazy! Im happy we dont have pets plus the deposit is 500$ almost as much as our rent! Maybe she just needs to get out for a bit and play. Maybe she misses other animals? Sorry Im not much of a help
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree with the first reply..also what sort of breed mix is she?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• She was fixed by the shelter. She is a long haired tabby cat. My husband thinks that just because she is fixed she still has " THE NEED" if you know what I mean...lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• but what breed of cat siamese, Brittish Exotic etc? Some cats are just talkers..and if she is fixed she doesn't have "the need"..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have a siamese cat that does that all the time. She a year and a half. even though she is not fixed she did this before she ever went into her first heat. Usually when she does this she is telling us she wants fresh food or water, or her cat box needs to be cleaned, and now she is doing it when she wants to go outside and lay in the grass for awhile, or when she is calling her kitten. after her first litter we kept one of the kittens and she still acts like the kitten is just a baby...she is constantly cleaning her and she still nurses her and everything...the kitten is 3 months old.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 7:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• we were warned by our vet with our cat sprite that if he starts spraying or acting interested in things...the neuter might not have been totally gotten...and to bring him back...so it IS possible your cats fix didnt take....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My cat tends to sit in the window and meow alot also. There aren't any other cats out there. She has been fixed and yep it "took". She was stray cat before I brought her in and I've found they are never really broken of being a stray. They like to eat grass too so if you feel like it's safe for her maybe letting her outside for a bit would calm her down. My sister buys edible plants for cats from the pet shop to fix her cats urge to go outside. I haven't tried it but she swears by it.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009