How often should I weigh?

I've heard once a week, I've heard once a month and I've even heard once a day...what do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I weigh once a week because I like to keep a close eye on how many ounces are behind that pound. lol. That way I will know that I am close to gaining another pound.
    If you're dieting properly, you usually lose 1 pound a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, so I like to see if I'm making progression with my weight loss. Make sure you weigh on an empty stomach, clothes off, and after you take a poo if possible. lol. It's more accurate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Once a day, first thing in the morning without clothes on.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 8:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• like the person before me said. Every morning, first thing in the morning, with out clothes on. That way you can see EXACTLY what your diet and exercise the day before did.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 9:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I was told once a week, if I even did that. My doctor told me that I could be losing inches and gaining muscle but not lose pounds until later. I tend to go by how my pants fit, my bra fits (my boobs shrink as I lose weight) rather than pounds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You all are going to think I'm nuts I weigh my self three times a day, I am not trying to lose weight only maintain. It gives me an idea of which foods effect my body in a negative way. I'm also forty five and it seems the body is changing again, oh it also lets me know if I need a more cardo work out or can get by with more toning.

Peace, <><
    Joyce
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 4:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009