Does anyone else feel this way?

It's not that you don't care what's going on in the world, you just get so sick of hearing and reading about all the bad stuff because it's so depressing? Do you ever wish you had a "news free" day? I admit, I don' watch the news because what's going to happen is going to happen whether I worry about it or not...I just pray and go on living my life...is that selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think it's selfish. I think it's good to know what's going on, but that doesn't mean you have to focus on it, think about it, and worry about it. I do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No, and if you talk about what you hear on the news people on here say you're paranoid! I was talking about the news earlier and if it was a cover up for the government and they are just using the stories to take away from what they are trying to do. I was told I was unpatriotic and a traitor! I used to not watch but there's only certain things I watch now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i also dont watch the news or anything.. i could careless... if you really want to know whats going on go in the "politics & current event" section and have a field day.. the anons keep you informd there.. i dont check on the weather, or watc anything to do with cebz.. i just dont care i say.. i dont care... lol
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No! It is most deffinatly NOT selfish any way. As you said it has nothing to do with "not caring".It does get to become just too much. Another day,another person who died. We are still at war. There is a line where it becomes too much. I personally do want to be updated on things and care deeply if someone has pased weather I know them or not..but I would also like to goa day with out having to hear another horor story of a 5 year old snatched from her room at night, or a 13 yr old who was grabbed on her way to school! Because it is depressing!! And also scary!!!

You know my DD had been hearing news for the past few days of sad/scary things and told me it is just too much!! Our senetor Ted Kennedy passedmonday which is very sad. Then Abby said she heared about a local girl who was hit by a car and died the next day. She didnt even know the kid but was very upset about it.
    So no it is NOT selfish,and i completly agree
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009