What would you do in this situation?

OK! so Dh and I are staying with my Mom right now. We help her with Bills and such so we're not staying here rent free. Well she has this friend who is always rude to me. When I had my wedding I specifically told my Mom she was not allowed to come because I didnt want someone who was bitchy to me to ruin my Day. My Mom brought her. Which really pissed me off. well now that im pregnant she comes over & talks about my baby shower... I WILL NOT STAND for her to come! If she comes I will walk out. Also I dont want her to have anything to do with my baby. I dont want her to think cause she is my moms friend she can come see me or my baby at the hosp. or hold him or have anything to do with him. I dont like her kids either. they steal from us constantly but my mom wont say anything so she doesnt mess up their friendship.. Am I overreacting? or am i justified in not wanting this rude lady and her theiving family around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• no...ur nt over reacting. i dont blame you for the way you feel. you should have the right to say who does or does not have a say so in your life...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• That seems completely justifiable. I know as bad as it sounds that I won't be letting my Mother or one of my sisters around my child when he's born. They can't take care of themselves there's no way they will be around my kid. I would stop explaining it to your mom because she isn't obviously going to do anything about it. Next time you see this lady tell her I'm sorry but I would feel more comfortable if you weren't at my baby shower, if she shows up anyways ask her to leave or have who ever is hosting it ask her to. If she shows up at the hospital you can tell the nurses what her name is and ask that they don't let her back to see you. And as far as holding the baby whenever she is around make sure you are holding the baby and make up some excuse like oh he's fussy or i just got him back from so and so that way she has no way of holding him.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You need to tell this lady how you feel. She may not realize she comes off this way. Or she does realize it and won't show you any respect until you stand up for yourself. this is your mom's friend. You can't expect your mom to tell her she isn't invited.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009