What would you do in this situation?

OK! so Dh and I are staying with my Mom right now. We help her with Bills and such so we're not staying here rent free. Well she has this friend who is always rude to me. When I had my wedding I specifically told my Mom she was not allowed to come because I didnt want someone who was bitchy to me to ruin my Day. My Mom brought her. Which really pissed me off. well now that im pregnant she comes over & talks about my baby shower... I WILL NOT STAND for her to come! If she comes I will walk out. Also I dont want her to have anything to do with my baby. I dont want her to think cause she is my moms friend she can come see me or my baby at the hosp. or hold him or have anything to do with him. I dont like her kids either. they steal from us constantly but my mom wont say anything so she doesnt mess up their friendship.. Am I overreacting? or am i justified in not wanting this rude lady and her theiving family around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldnt want her and her family around either. I wouldn't let her touch my baby either.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I can't believe your mom isn't listening to you, and does whatever anyway. I'd tell the friend, not to come, but not in a bitchy way, I don't know tell your mom to tell her and if she don't you will. She's not family or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My Mother said "I can't believe how selfish you're being. She is willing to buy you a baby shower gift and you're still acting like a brat!"

I was like wtf? Her family steals from us and she is RUDE to me at every turn... and you're still willing to be around them? they're lowe lives seriously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Time to get your own place. Your mom has a right to have her friendships.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• you can tell your mom that its not always about getting a baby shower gift sometimes its about being respected...

I went thru this with my mom and one of her "friends"
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• To Anon 26 this isnt about her having her friends. I could care less if she is friends with them. But I dont like the fact that I said no to them being at MY events and they were brought anyway and they think they can be rude to me and my DH... My Mom didnt put on my wedding and she isnt putting on my shower either so them coming has nothing to do with me being in my Moms house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My Mom has a friend who I am not exactly fond of too. So I know where you are coming from. I just don't see why your Mom isn't listening to you, and respecting your wishes! Its YOUR baby shower not hers!! I would tell her once again not to invite her friend and what will happen if she does come with your Mom. Then if she shows up with her, walk you if thats what you wanna do. It doesnt mean that youre a "brat"! It is your baby shower.....you make the guest list not hers! Hope all goes well!
    bjones2552

Answer by bjones2552 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• When you're at the hospital (just thinkin ahead here!) you can tell them you don't want this woman visiting you at all and they won't let her in the room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009