36 week check up

I had my 36 week checkup today. I told them I had a lot of pelvic pressure so they checked me and he told me I was 1cm to 1 1/2 cm dilated, 25% effaced, and -3 station. This is my fourth child. Do any of you ladies think this a good sign she is on the right track and may come before 40 weeks?

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It deffinately sounds like she's coming before week 40, I had my son at 38 weeks, and they said that i was 1 cm dialated and 90 percent affaced and i delivered him the next day. So things should be looking up for you to get rid of your womb mate!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Dilation, effacemet and station mean absolutely nothing if you want to get down to it. They are just numbers to put in a chart -- it's far better as a teaching tool because it is useless as a prediction tool.

You can walk around like that for weeks and not finish dilation until the very last moments of labor. Quite normal. 40 weeks is nothing more than an average -- human gestation is a range. You can go anytime between 37 and 43 weeks. 37 and 43 weeks being much more rare than the range of 39 to 42. That's just how an average works.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The info from having your cervix checked will not reveal anything actually useful, unfortunately.
    But you might refer back some on your past births... No two births are the same, of course, but some moms are "longer genstaters" or "shorter gestaters." If you always carry to week 43 then you might consider this to be nothing, kwim?
    Or if you have spontaneous labors before week 38 then... ??
    Anything is possible.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009