VENT: LAYOFF NO MONEY

I was just informed that my DF got layed-off. He makes twice the money I do and usually has overtime, and we are paycheck to paycheck people. Right now he thinks his only option is UTAH. We are in Alabama. My SD and I will have to stay here because i NEED and like my job. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Now in possibility of loosing everything.... OMG OMG OMG. Sorry, Needed to get that out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Can he not try to get Unemployment and a part-time job for the time being, going to another state isn't always the best answer, then he has to pay to live out on the road too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm so... sorry. I know how you feel. My DH was laid off in March. He thankfully has a job now. I know things don't look good right now, but it will get better soon. Times are tough right now. Hang in there. Best Wishes!
    Anonymous

• OP here....Unemployment here is only $225 per week. Nothing compared to over a grand a week. and to him Unemployment is NOT an option. Just the way he is... And he makes lots more on the road because of per diem, he spends no where near what they pay per day for per diem. On the road for him is where the money is at but he stays around here to be with us, if he goes on the road... he goes.. It's just gonna suck. We could go too, but I love my job and it's not much lifestyle with a twoyear old. I'd go with him if it were just me. but then again, right now would be a perfect time to travel since she is not in school. But I think too much on her?? IDK.. Like i said. Im on a vent.. you feel that blowing???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• That really sucks. But, in times like these, everyone has to make sacrifices. At least he'll have a job and will be making good money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We get $515 a week in unemployment for a family of three.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• OP here: Look, I know there are people that are worse off than me. I KNOW THAT! I've been there. Hence the reason i put VENT in my heading. So please don't bash me for complaining. I'm just saying with the bills and such we are accustom to (housepayment, etc) They are not going to get paid on my $300 a week job. And I dread DF going out of town to work because i will miss him dearly. JUST VENTING HERE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• "We get $515 a week in unemployment for a family of three. "

Wow...what state pays that much? And they use family size rather than income?

The max amount in CA is $450/wk, and that's with a $25 boost from the feds.

OP...I sympathize. My husband has been out of work since April, and it's getting very scary. He's come very close to getting hired twice, but got beat out both times by someone who was already on the inside. I'm working two jobs and I'm constantly worried.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• tell him if he is wanting a job i know that we are hiring, I work from home and I love it, we do have men that work here so its not a gender-specific job. If he is interested tell him to go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers for more information. You could also look into it if you are afraid that you are going to be laid off or if you are wanting a supplemental income too! Check it out!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• "Answered at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 by: gdiamante
    "We get $515 a week in unemployment for a family of three. "

Wow...what state pays that much? And they use family size rather than income?"

Illinois
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• your complaining.. my husband has been laid off for a year!!!.. he gets $505 a week. for a family of five!!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009