My 4 year old isint very active

Hey and thanks in advance for any help! I'm posting this to see what you moms think, and if any of you have children like her. my 4 yr old is not very active. Shes very healthy so its not that she isint. I try playing with her, try taking her outside but she would rather sit infront of that darn Tv with a blankie and watch cartoons! I've turned off the tv and brought out toys but she will seriously just sit there and wait for the cartoons. Shes more mature then most 4 year olds that I know, at first i thought it was just because of that but now im starting to worry about it once ive seen her classmates and how active the children are, also all her cousins. I know it cannot be healthy for her to do this, so i need some help, or suggestions? Please! Do you think maybe shes just bored, or what?

Krissy-

Asked by Krissy- at 4:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Unplug the TV for a week. Take her to a park to run around. If it is in your budget, take her to a class like Kindermusik or Wiggleworms.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• can she read? Does she like to color? I know thats not active but it's something other than the tv. Or if not, get one of those v-smile things.....those educational video games.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Try to find activities for her to do, soccer, jump rope, play dough activities, puzzels, a swim class. The Y here has several classes for 4 year olds, mostly swimming and parent child sprots, there is s drumm/dance class for the family. Maybe she would like taking a dance class they usually start about preschool kindergarden or gymnastics. Our city puts on botha dance and gym class for young kids. But unplugging the TV for a week is probably your best bet. THen only let her watch a few shows, let her pick her favorites. If she wants to sit in front of a blank tv let her, she will go find something else to do when she is bored enough. And if she doesn't have her looked at.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• thanks a bunch :) im gonna give the tv thing a try and hopefully her lazy butt up a little more!
    Krissy-

Answer by Krissy- at 4:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Put her in a preschool program a couple of days a week, she will not watch any tv there and she will be involvoed with all kinds of activities. Do NOT turn the tv on at all during the day, take her outside to the park, get her into dance classes or gymnastics, even t-ball or soccer. Dance with her, exercise with her. Don't even let her watch movies. If she still doesn't become active, talk to her doctor to make sure there isn't something going on that shouldn't be.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009