Give Pooky a job?

Interesting speech just a little quote
"Green? That is some white stuff! That some corny stuff! That some hippie stuff! You can't tell me bout nothing green I'm keeping it real!"
How do you feel about his speech / rant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Link

Sorry the link wouldn't work.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• An idiot.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't know who this is, but they sound really stupid. Now, off to view the link.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Huh, Van Jones. I am finding myself without surprise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• where are all the "racism" screamers now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am just getting curiouser and curiouser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it sounds dumb when taken out of context... watching it and his facial expressions while saying, it was meant to sound dumb. watch the clip people... I don't agree that Africans were the "green" people, it was the Native Americans, but either way point well taken... we didn't listen before now we have to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 5:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 by: Anonymous

No it sounds dumb because he thinks ghetto black people (meaning they are from or live the ghetto) deserve these "green" jobs over the non minority people who have no jobs. Maybe you did not listen to what he said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 6:35 here- my response was directed solely towards the quote at the beginning of the speech and the context surrounding it. So keep your smart ass remarks together.

As for the end of his speech, saying that we need to give the green jobs to ghetto people only, I agree with you that that makes no sense... Especially since the true ghetto people of this country are quite comfortable living off the rest of us milking the system. We know that the true ghetto have ZERO interest in bettering themselves at all.

We need to give the green jobs to people that have been busting their ass working hard for years trying to get ahead and still struggle, only to have matters get worse by lsing their jobs. The people that are trying to better themselves. Or the people who weren't doing so bad until the economy took the turn that it did and they lost their jobs. Those are the people that I am okay with lending a helping hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 6:35
    I could tell you were writing solely on the quote yet you say you watched the video, that is why I said what I did. I put the quote there because it shows how ignorant his followers are he is calling them dumb right along with calling white people dumb. That was my point of the quote. But all in all we agree the jobs should be aimed at everyone to better the environment not just Black people in the ghetto.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009