I always bring treats for the kids parties at school anybody have any fun ideas. I may want to try them out ahead of time.

I have a 1 year old and a 3.5 year old. I would need it for both of their rooms. I seem to always to the same thing cookies or jello. Looking for fun ideas that the kids would love as well as help to make. Thanks

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Holidays

• Rice krispies treats with Holiday appropriate colors? brownies with the same? Homemade lollipops?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Little turkey's for Thanksgiving. Take an oreo and separate it. Then use chocolate frosting like glue to put them together like an L. Then, take rice krispy treats and make them into small balls and put a ball b/t the L w/more frosting like glue. Then take 4 candy corns, use one and put it on the face w/chocolate frosting pointing down. Take the other 3 and put them behind the ball pointing down like feathers. I hope this makes sense, its kind of hard to just describe on here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Ice cream cone cupcakes dressed up for the season.
    I use to let the children paint their own cookies with frosting...if you don't mind the mess (I use to teach 2 and 4 yr olds)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• For Valentine's Day we made "I-Pods". Take a box of Conversation Hearts and make a label on the computer that looks like the screen, you can different love songs on the label. Glue 2 lengths of string and 2 Hershey kisses or mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups to make "headphones". Worms and Dirt are good too, individual cups of chocolate pudding with crushed oreos and gummy worms on top. Also, fruit pizzas. Use sugar cookie dough to make the "crust", red frosting or food colored cream cheese to make the "sauce". Slice of bannana, or sliced grapes or kiwi make the toppings. They are so cute, and yummy!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Taste of Home has a magazine that is all kid centered snacks and meals. They look like so much fun. I am going to make some with my preschool class.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• We just made rice crispy treat 'cup cakes' for my sons class. I put the cup cake cups in the muffin pan and then pressed the balls of rice crispy treat in to them to make them look like cup cakes. I then did frosting decorations on the tops. i used the little tubes of cookie icing that dries so they were not so messy. It went over great!

we also make fruit pizza but we use a graham cracker crust topped with pie filling baked and strusel (sp) and sometimes fresh fruit to.

yogurt sundaes are always fun to. A cup of yogurt with topping options like chocolate syrup, nuts, granola, fruit, chocolate chips, ect...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Spiders! mini bagles, have the kids spread cream cheese and then 8 pretzle stix for legs and raisins for the eyes. We did this at my DD's preschool and it was a hit!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009