At what age should I get my son a toddler bed?

Hi ladies. My son is 16 months old and is climbing out of his crib. I'm afraid that he may hurt himself when he climbs out. So what age did you get your lil ones into a toddler bed? Thanks!!

bjones2552

Asked by bjones2552 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It would probaby be a good time since he's climbing out...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• For the oldest it was when his brother was due, so he wouldn't think the new baby was pushing him out of his crib. For the younger it was when he started climbing out of the crib.

We didn't spend the money on a toddler bed, though, we moved each child into his own twin bed. We bought bunks so we'd have the option of saving floor space by stacking them, or using them as separate twin beds.

Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would say your baby is ready! My son is still in his crib but when the new baby arrives he will be in a big boy bed and he will be about 18 months old when that happens.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Now is the time to either move him to a bed or buy a crib tent to keep him in a little longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I switched my twins over to toddler beds when they were 15 months old. We switched cold turkey. Took the cribs down and put the toddler beds up. The first week was rough (putting them back in bed)(we put a gate up at their door so they couldn't get out of their room). But they adjusted well and are doing great!
    pinkisforme0415

Answer by pinkisforme0415 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009