milk..

how many have given their babies whole milk before a year old and at what age and why? my DD is 9 months and have tried it and she did ok with a tiny amount

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because it doesn't have the proper nutrition that your baby needs... too much milk too early can cause anemia
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• ugh no one is reading my question.. im asking those who HAVE given milk early and why.. not those who HAVE NOT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I gave my son whole milk by the time he was 9 months old. He loved it. I started giving it to him because he wanted a drink out of my cup. Now we drink 2%. He never had any problems. My daughter couldn't have milk until she was 3 because she had trouble digesting it. Different kids, different results.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i switched my daughter from formula to whole milk when she was 5 months old. Because she wasnt holding down formula i started her on genteles the dr said she developed a milk allergy so switched her to a soy based formula she still wasnt keeping it down the dr. then said she developed a soy allergy so they put her on nutramigen a hypoallerginic formula and once again didnt keep it down so i finally just put her on whole milk. She has been on it for 7 months and does just fine the only bad thing is i have to give her stinky nasty vitamins everyday bc whole milk lacks the vitamins formula has
    RyJa96

Answer by RyJa96 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009