How much does Preschool cost?

My oldest started Kindergarten today and my 3 yr old cried for like 45 minutes because he wanted his brother. So I'm wondering if I should send him to Preschool, But I have no idea how much it costs.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost for 2 maybe 3 days a week?
I live in Utah so if anyone knows Utah prices that would be great too. I just want a round about number so I can know if it's an option with our budget.

AmmuJSE

Asked by AmmuJSE at 4:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am in MD and my daughter will start 3yr preschool next week. It is from 9:15-11:45 out of a church based preschool. It is $800 for the year. I would ask other moms maybe in your older childs kindergarten class to see where they used or google preschools in your area and start calling around.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I guess I won't be of too much help because I'm in NC. We pay $120 a month for 3 half days a week for my almost 3 year old. When we lived in DC it was double that.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am not much help either, I am in Alabama...but just to give you an idea....ours is 100 $ a month for 5 days, 8:15 to 11:15.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• In Texas I pay $100/week for full-time M-F 8-5. I have seen part-time for $20 - $25/day. If any churches offer parent's day out, that might be a good option; around here that is usually two days a week from 8 - 3 and costs maybe $50/week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I livein Pittsburgh and we have some preschool programs that cost only $30 a month. They are income based though. I sent my son there last year and he loved it. This yr. he is in HeadStart at no cost. My other son who is Special Needs goes to preschool at no cost. There are preschools that offer grants if you qualify.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am in SE Wisconsin and the program I teach at is $52 a week for 4 days of preschool (8:30-11:30). Cost will vary depending on the type of program, center and area you live in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Call the preschools in your area. It's not only going to vary state to state but also city to city. There's no way anyone can tell you how much it's going to cost unless someone lives in your city.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• We live in SC and our 3 yr. old goes to pre-school 2 days a week 830am-1130am. It is a church run pre-school and we paid 1300 for the year.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I am in PA. In my area there is no public option and we don't qualify for low cost preschool. The (Lutheran) preschool that my daughter went to last year (and that my youngest son will attend this year) is $1,000/year broken up into 5 payments (June (the June prior to the start of school), September, November, March and April). It is 2.5 hours/3 days per week.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009