Did anyone ever have to rock/hold their baby to sleep for the whole first year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it until almost 18 months, but I'm not sure it was actually necessary. I did it because I work and have mine in daycare, so I wanted the extra snuggle time at night. We had no sleep problems when we decided to stop doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes and she's13 months and I still am...
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes i did it for a long time and i sang to him and would massage his face to get him to fall asleep...to this day( he's 7 now) he wants me to give him back rubs and rub his lips..
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son is 20 months old and I still do. I don't have to because he will usually go right to sleep if I put him in bed. I guess he's just spoiled.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• hey man, you do what you gotta do
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 5:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Most nights I still pat my 20 month old to sleep and lay with my 2 1/2 year old. They fall asleep on their own if I don't, but if I have the time, why not. One day they won't want me to so I am enjoying the time now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would nurse my boys to sleep for the first 6mo. then they just wanted room to stretch when they would go to sleep. I would have loved to be able to rock them to sleep because those days of cuddling doesn't last long!! I LOVE when my boys fall asleep beside me on the couch though. Then i carry them off to bed:)
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I still rock my 2 year old son to sleep. I love the time because he is so relaxed and just lets me rock and hold him close. He is too busy during the day to sit for long. So I enjoy the evenings very much.
    JenBrainard

Answer by JenBrainard at 8:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• No, I quit rocking my son to sleep at 3 months and my daughter was yonger than that.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2009