he's sick :[

my son has a pretty bad cold. no fever but he feels really warm. when he wakes up he's sweating. he just has a stuffy nose and no appetite. what can i give him besides lots of TLC to make him feel better? my mom wants me to give him some gatorade, will that help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he's sweating, then he may be losing fluids. Does he have diarrhea? If so, then definitely. I'd get the pedialyte icepops... they will help cool him down and make it more fun to rehydrate. Gatorade has lots of sugar in it.

Call the doctor, if you haven't already. Just to make sure it isn't something serious. Good luck.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 5:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well mama,
    I suggest that you get a baby steam vaporizer for the room, to ease his breathing. Also make sure you give him a cool bath(not too cold!) to keep his temp down. Alternate infant tylonol, and motrin every 4-6hrs (as directed on the label). This will keep his internal body heat regulated. Sanitize all toys to kill germs. If he isnt hungry then dont force him to eat. If you are nursing, the best thing is to continue. If your kid is older and on solids - toast and ginger ale, pedialyte, or gatorade. Good luck.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009