so my daughter is 11 months,still breastfeeding and wont take cup/bottle wat should i do?

My daghter is 10 months almost 11 and i have breastfeed her since she ws born and know she has 6 teeth.She doesnt bite me,but she eats table foods now and she wont go too sleep on her own without breastfeeding.I know breastfeeding her is a good 4 her im just ready 2 get a job but i dont know how i can if she always wants 2 nurse.She wont take a nap during the day without me nursing her either.she wakes up once or twice during the night and cries if i dont nurse her.I have let her cry too seeif she would fall asleepon her own a pat her back,left the room 2 see if she would cry herself 2 sleep.......nothing works.Ive even waited 2 or 3 hours to the point were she was so hungry,i thought she would take milk from her cup but she threw the cup and just kept crying.I left the room and let my dad give her the cup but she again threw it and was histarically crying!!Ive tried everything!!!!! I dont know wat 2 do???I need help/advice

momma_Bhunt2008

Asked by momma_Bhunt2008 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're even in the house, she'll resist. I wouldn't worry too much about this...they all eat when they are truly hungry.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If you are wanting to stop breastfeeding, I would say that she will take the milk or water when she is hungry enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The only thing i can suggest is to keep offering her a cup or sippy cup. Eventually she will have no choice but to take it. I have 3 boys and went through this with 2 of them.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months. Certainly give her a sippy cup with water, and make sure that she is eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Remember that cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

When you start working, you can pump or only breastfeed when you are home.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I went through the same thing.

Try waiting until she is really hungry ( crying and screaming) then try giving her solids for ex: bananas, sweet potatoes (b/c they are sweet mush like your milk). Of course she is going to resist at first, but you have to teach her that when she is hungry she can eat other than nursing 24/7. when she goes to sleep at night try holding her close with music and give her a warm bottle of your breastmilk, while singing to her. Limit her feedings to early mornings and nights only. During the day keep her on solids mostly and milk after a couple of spoonfulls of food. Its a long hard process but it works.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• What your daughter does when you are available and what she will do when you're not available are unrelated.

One excellent way to reconnect after a day at work is breastfeeding, and it remains a very important part of her immune system (and will until she's nearly 3) -- a particularly imporant issue when she's in contact with a lot of other kids in daycare.

At this point there is no reason to pump, because she can just eat other foods when you're not around, but unless you're going to go to work for 6 months on and 6 months off, there is no reason to consider weaning necessary if you don't want to.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009