Restless leg syndrome relief????

How can you relieve it? or prevent it? I am 32 weeks pregnant and I am literally dying from it. ha ha, I can't take it anymore. And people keep suggesting potassium but I am deathly allergic to bananas... any help?

MamaDiedrich

Asked by MamaDiedrich at 5:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg i am so sorry.been there.dont you hate when people dont even understand or know what it feels like?i dont remember anything helping.i think i would get out of bed and take a bath and sometimes it would work or if you increase your workout a little (i did eliptical)
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 5:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Potassium is for leg cramps, charlie horses. I never heard of that for restless leg. My sil has restless leg and they told her that she could take children's benadryl to help her sleep. I would ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Calcium --too much or too little, is implicated in leg problems and sleeping, as well as potassium. If you're taking a supplement, stop, and if you're not, start (take calcium/magnesium together for best absorbsion).

Stay well-hydrated and stretch after walking for long distances or standing long periods --stretch the back of your legs, your butt and your shins, while you're still warm from walking.

You may like to try evening yoga for relaxation, with modifications for pregnancy, which can calm your whole body.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009