cant you just potty train on the regular toilet?

cause dont they just want to immitate you? i stay at home and i was just wondering if i can buy something that goes on the toilet and a stepping stool thing for her.has anyone done it this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• the have a seat that fits on your toliet, my kids used it we never had a seperate potty chair ( ewww so dont want to clean that lol) walmart has them for around 10 dollars. you set it on the seat and it makes the hole smaller , i even had one with handles. you dont have to attach it to the toliet you just lift it off and set it on.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yep also i neer even used the over the potty seat we have.. i jsut sat him up there and tought him to hold himself up with one hand and hold his thing down with the other...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• ha!love it.thankyou so much ladies :)
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 6:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes, i did it with my son,,,no problem
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yeah you can depending on ur child, my oldest only liked sitting on the big potty with the seat attachment but my middle only liked the seperate potty because the big toilet was to high for him to climb on by himself and he wanted to be independent and get up and go by himself without my help lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son wants nothing to do with the "baby potty"... he only wants to use "daddy's potty" !!! LOL
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i had them sit on the big toliet backwards facing the wall-- that way the boys pee shooter was pointed down and so the kid is comfotable so they did not think they will fall in and it was fine, and when they were big enought they will learn to sit the right way and my son started stading up to pee when big enough.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• At The Home Depot, I found a regular toilet seat with a smaller one that fits into the lid. When little ones needs to sit, they can pull the smaller ring out of the lid. Before that, we had one of those removable ones, but to me they aren't as convenient. The Home Depot one costs about $35 but is usable for years. I never had a potty chair. I think it's disgusting. I prefer to teach my kids how to use a real toilet w/flusher immediately.
    lizlaughlove

Answer by lizlaughlove at 4:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes, you can do it that way. As others have said, there are potty seats that go over the regular one to keep them from falling in.

I just found it helpful to keep the small potty chair in the great room where she played more often and to have a seat for the regular potty that way when she has to go last minute, it's not a race to the nearest bathroom. I also found my daughter liked the little one better becuase she's small and even with a step stool, still needs help onto the big toilet. with the smaller potty chair, she can do it all herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• "Answered at 4:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 by: 2cuteboysrmine
    yep also i neer even used the over the potty seat we have.. i jsut sat him up there and tought him to hold himself up with one hand and hold his thing down with the other... "

His thing? Really? What is wrong with the word penis? Do you have fake names for his other body parts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2009