Text Messaging Question

Is it possible to call the cell phone carrier company and get a copy of all the text messages? I saw someone referenced to it in a previous question, but I didnt know if it was actually possible. Somebody told me that you cant unless its for a police investigation but it I can than that would be awesome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes but the only way they'll allow it is if you call the police dept and have them request it for legal purposes. Its the same thing as if say a person with a blocked number were to prank call you, you could get the persons name but you'd have to file a report first. You cannot just have your cell phone provider pull it all up just for kicks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• if the phone is under your name you should be able to get it if you want. If the phone is not under your name then im sure you wouldn't be able to
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 6:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can see the numbers that the texts were sent to and from but not the message. No one can find out what message was sent. I can look up the numbers online though.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You may be able to go online and read the messages and print them from there.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i was a private investigator in the last state i lived in and you can only get a transcript if the phone is in your name. otherwise you would have to go through the police or a very convincing lawyer. sometimes a p.i. can get them, it just depends on who they talk to with the cell company.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009