Thank the Lord she was found

18 years ago a girl whom I went to school with was kidnapped about a half mile from my house. Jaycee Lee Dugard has finally been found alive after 18 years. I am currently waiting on the press conference to see what is said, but I remember going by her house and people would be digging up around it thinking she was buried somewhere around there. Tahoe is such a heavily wooded area that you could hide a body and it would never be found.
I am unsure of everything that has happend to her but she apparently last night she walked into a Concord, ca police station.
How does it make you feel to hear about a child missing for so many years and then turn up alive? I am just so livened with excitement!

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 6:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just finished watching the news conference. She had two children with her kidnapper, and was forced to live in what sounds like horrid conditions, completely isolated.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Omg... thats horrible.. and thanks gdiamante for the update of her whereabouts this whole time.. When I heard about this this morning I just couldnt help but think "where has she been?"
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I meant horrible as in what gdiamante said.. im glad shes alive and well!
    BEXi

• It's horrible, I heard about the living conditions I am currently tivoing everything as my kids are a little go getters right now so hopefully I can get all the facts later, thank you for posting that.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Im watching it now.... Its way awesome she was found. A lot of people aren't :(
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• .I am related to the Stayner family and when Steven was taken we all were devastated. I was the same age as him just remembered he was gone and we spent the next 7 years looking for him. He was found but he was not the same. That changes who you are it affects the other family members as well. Stevens parents were distant and cold to the other kids and Cary his brother was filled with hate he ended up being a serial killer. I pray this woman and the entire family gets the help they need. I think Steven would be alive today and Cary would not have killed had the family gotten therapy and dealt with the aftermath of that very henious crime.

I hope this guy is locked up for the rest of his life.  Parnell only served a few years for the 7 years of torture he put Stevie through.  I hope this family gets justice our family only got it after Parnell died. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009