Are teenage girls moodier than pregnant women?

I only ask cause my 13 year old sister said "Ashley and I are going to get married" So I asked "are you lesbian?" she said "Maybe" I said "well congradulations" then she was like "stop being a 'B' unless you want me to be a 'b' back!"

LOL I thought for the statement she had just made it was a legitiment question and she freaked out... She knows she isn't allowed to cuss so instead of saying bitch she say 'b'

I was like Ooooooooookay??? lol... I mean what the heck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• sounds like you got your self a nice kid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't know if it's MORE than a pregnant woman but I think it is at least AS much. Even if she thought you were being flippant to her I would never have let what she said slide. You have to pick your battles with teens..but respect is always first.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Your sister may have been opening up to you, and it may have been hard, and the door was kind of slammed shut. I would go to her and try and open up dialoge with her on her relationship with Ashley. Many people know they are " different " in the younger years, and do not tell family members. The family they love, that shares in joys, heartbreak, provides support, and is a shield against disaster, is left out. Do not let that happen to your sister. She is the same sister, the same girl you love, only she may love differently. Go to her, talk to her, and continue to love her with all your heart.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Try dealing with a pregnant teenager... That is just pure joy on a cupcake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Somehow I misread this last night. I missed your sister...I thought you were talking about your daughter..duh...it was 2 hrs from kids bedtime I'll plead insanity. Having said that..I agree completely with Seekerofshells.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Ha ha ha!
    I said during my first pregnancy that the way my hormones were felt like I was going through puberty again!
    13 was a horrible age to be. All of the changes of the body and crazy emotions that were impossible to understand and impossible to control. Mood swings that seemed totally justified until well after the fact and then were just embarrassing which led to further moodiness.

I would not ever go back and relive those years.
    I'm also really not looking forward to my kids hitting that age! Lol.

As far as them being moodier than pregnant women...I'd say it's pretty even. : )
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2009