Help! I washed my remote!

I washed all my bedding and apparently ended up with the tv remote in there too. Is there anything I can do to save it?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• odd as it sounds... take the batteries out right away before trying to use it and stick it in a bowl of dried rice rice absorbs water.. i had to do that for my blackberry once, leave it in there for at least 24 hrs then try it again
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Take the batteries out and take it apart as much as you can (and still get it back together later) and place it in a bag of uncooked white rice (preferrably not instant) and the rice will pull the moisture out of it...Let it sit for at least 48 hours before you put it back together and see if it works...if it does not, you are out of luck...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yep anything to help it really dry out I have done that with 2 cell phones and a cordless
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009