cervix dilation and thinning

im 38 weeks and my doctor said that the baby has dropped and im dilated 1 1 /2 cm and thinned out to between 75% to 85% and that Ive lost all my mucus plug and i was wondering when my water could break and if sex would cause it to break i was wondering because im scared to have sex and i was wondering if it would hurt me or the baby any please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your water could have broken last week or it can break while you are pushing during delivery! More often than not, doctors end up breaking the water some time during labor, usually between 6-8cm. No... sex can not hurt the baby at all and it might (if you let him finish in you) help finish off the effacement process. And the Big-O could cause you to start contracting!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well, usually your activities won't *make* the water break...
    And then, even if broken, it doesn't mean you're going to be in labor/have the baby soon.
    You could still be pregnant a few weeks from now.
    Best to work on getting comfortable, rested,hydrated, and practice relaxation with "warm-up" contractions if you can.
    It will be intense soon, good luck!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• unless you water is broken you can have all the sex u want
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• don't be scared to have sex! enjoy it before the baby is here and you're too tired. :D
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 12:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2009