Bleeding at 37 weeks

I'm having light spotting. I am already 2 cm and 50% as of Monday. The doctor on call is suppose to be calling me back. I'm having cramps but no contractions. I was reading about it and it said to get to the hospital with ANY bleeding if you are RH-Negative. What should I do? Wait for the call or just go?
What do you think it is?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• This could just be your mucus plug, but to be on the safe side I would go in to check and make sure
    carolynhowell

Answer by carolynhowell at 7:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Is the bleeding bright red? If it's not, I wouldn't worry. If it's kind of slimy, it could be bits of your mucus plug. If it's just really light, and not bright red (like fresh blood looks), then it could be any number of things. I had bleeding after almost all of my vaginal exams, sex, etc. It could be the way the baby is positioned low, etc. If it worries you at all, though, at least call again. If you don't get an answer that satisfies you, go in.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Spotting is not bleeding. Bleeding is wearing pads and holding a towel between your legs and there is still blood running down your legs.

You have hours to get your rhogam shot if there is any mixing of baby's and mother's blood so don't worry about the Rh- issue.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009