"i didn't know I was pregnant"

so i was watching the show i didn't know i was pregnant last week, then one of my friends posted a myspace bulletin saying that she had had a baby satuday without having a clue that she was pregnant...
i am pregnant with my first and with all the fun effects of pregnancy, i have no idea how anyone could give birth without knowing that they were pregnant. can anyone help me understand this? I would ask my friend, but I think given the circumstances it would be a little insensitive and a lot un-supportive...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had this happened to a friend. It's rare, I think. She was a teenager at the time and did a lot of track and field. One day she felt pressure and out popped the baby. She said she didn't know because she stayed in great shape and had periods.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't get it either . . . all the movement and the kicks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm with you bridget...how can someone not know...she said she thought she had gas. maybe hiding it...ya think?
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't get it either. I just had my first a few weeks ago and I knew I was pregnant 4 days before I even missed a period and there is NO WAY I could have not known for the whole 9 months! I wonder if these people really truly had no clue or if some of them were just ignorant.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I totally think they're just hiding it or mentally deficient.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• seriously, how could you not know? with all the symtoms and such. i think those ladies were in denial big time.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• op- even if you consider that maybe she didn't have morning sickness (i don't) and didn''t gain any weight (i myself have lost ten pounds and am 20 weeks) how can you not feel the baby in there? my baby girl kicks me so hard I can see it. not bashing my friend or anything, and she is very intelligent, but how is it possible? I just don't get it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i was wondering the same thing..how can you be preggo and NOT know...I don't get it...my reaction to that show...go take a pill cuz obviously you're crazy.

And I feel bad for your kid...cuz Lord knows if you werent expecting them you're probably none too pleased right about now
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 7:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009