This may be a stupid question but I know little to nothing about politics....

but my question is... If Allllllllllll this stuff Obama is doing is bad ( I dont agree with what I've heard either) why is no one trying to get him out of office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Believe me many are! But there is this thing called a process.....you can't just say, "you're out!" You need to go through the proper channels. And he is bad news, but it's better to stifle him making him a lame duck by having republicans take over the House and Senate (they're the ones who are really responsible for creating and passing the bills that become law, the president either accepts them or vetoes them), and preventing him from continuing taking us down the path to socialism/communism!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Unfortunately we cant just kick the dumdum out.. I wish we could!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You may not be well-informed about politics, but you probably have heard the jeers and sneers about "The Birthers", and other "loonies" who question various aspects of Obama's eligibility for office. And the wholesale trashing of folks who object to week after week of highly unconstitutional actions.

Those are some of the people who are trying to get him out of office. At the very least, they are dismissed as racist (They ONLY oppose Obama because they hate blacks) ... usually what they say is slapped as "hate speech" (again, as racists) ... and MANY progressive / liberal groups mount campaigns to smear and boycott and intimidate those who oppose the White House's activities.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm not speaking of Obama specifically. This post is about the process.

Once a President is elected and sworn into office, they have to commit a crime, and then, they have to go through the Impeachment process. Congress is the one that has to Impeach them. Basically, Congress puts them on trial and then votes on whether or not they find the Pres guilty or not. If guilty, they are Impeached and kicked out of office. If they aren't found guilty, then that's it, they're still President.

It's not a matter of how popular what they want to do is or not. They are who we have for 4 yrs. That's why it's SO important to know where a person stands before you vote for them - NOT just vote because you want a change - know what the change is going to be (there's the expression out of the frying pan, into the fire...).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Bush should have been impeached and no one even attempted it. While "we the people" may not like what's going on in the government, the big boys, with the money, power and influence, are loving it.

We need to bring back the day of the government fearing the people rather than the people fearing the government.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009