Health Care Reform... Any suggestions?

Okay ladies, I think we all agree on two things regarding this new health care bill that has been proposed. Thing number one is: We all agree that everyone in this should country should have health insurance. Thing number two is: I think we all agree that the current proposal needs some work.

Everything else, I think everyone has a different opinion. Sso lets just go with those two... So my question is what are your suggestions? How should they do it? This is honest question NOT a bash attempt. Maybe when we are finish we can mail a copy to Congress for them to go over :)

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My first thought would for them to require EVERY EMPLOYER to carry for ALL of their employees. By that I mean, every employer has a group plan, full benefits for everyone , partime included. Of course each employee will have to pay a little out of their check for it, but nothing in comparison to what they would have to pay in taxes for the current plan.
    The only thing is I don't think that the government should have any control over the health insurance other than making sure that every worker has it for themselves and their families and that it offers full benefits. Sort of like how they do with minimum wage, just better. Minimum wage is a joke, but we will save that for another discussion.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My first thought would for them to require EVERY EMPLOYER to carry for ALL of their employees.

Richard Nixon ALMOST did this.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Really? I am going to look this up. What was the conclusion of why they didn't? What are your thoughts on how it should work?
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Richard Nixon ALMOST did this.....

...and look at what happened to him! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Lori- hahaha... I needed that laugh. Thanks:)
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• and look at what happened to him! LOL :o)

LOL..But that has nothing to do with health care! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Good point, sad but good. lol
    BriHan06

• "My first thought would for them to require EVERY EMPLOYER to carry for ALL of their employees. By that I mean, every employer has a group plan, full benefits for everyone , partime included. Of course each employee will have to pay a little out of their check for it, but nothing in comparison to what they would have to pay in taxes for the current plan."

How would an employer making a slim profit margin pay for that?  Especially on part-time workers?  The cost per worker would increase dramatically, so the logical thing for the employer is to lay off a few employees and pass their jobs onto the others who are still employed. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• First we would need to look at why the cost of health care is so outrageous. In my opinion its out of control lawsuits, insurance, both malpractice and regular health insurance, and then you have the cost of medical school.
    Lawsuits-think about it if a hospital gets sued for something ridiculous the cost of that trickles down to all of their other customers.
    Insurance companies are forever making it more and more difficult for hospitals to recoup their money. Most hospitals have had to double the number of people it takes to file claims. Again, that cost is factored into what they charge people for services. The same is true for Malpractice insurance, of course the hospital is going to raise their prices to cover the cost of malpractice insurance.
    Right now to produce one doctor you are looking at close to $200,000. So the doctor factors that into what he charges. Plus it also prohibits new doctors.

Anonymous

• "I shall propose a sweeping new program that will assure comprehensive health-insurance protection to millions of Americans who cannot now obtain it or afford it, with vastly improved protection against catastrophic illnesses," he told America.

Nixon said his plan would build on existing employer-sponsored insurance plans and would provide government subsidies to the self-employed and small businesses to ensure universal access to health insurance. He said it wouldn't create a new federal bureaucracy.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/22163.html
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009