ideas for a winter birthday?

i wanted to start thinking about what to do for my son's birthday in december. there's not much to do in the winter so i was thinking of just having a party for him at home. but the thing is he doesn't really have any friends, besides a couple friends of the family who have kids. none are really his age though. i want to make it fun for him, but for the adults as well (since there will be more adults than kids). any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it doesn't get too cold or snow in your area, you can try to get one of those inflatable jumperoos for the front or backyard of your home. Kids of all ages (even some teenagers, lol) love to just go nuts in them. I had my daughter's december birthday at my inn-laws place and she only had one other kid her age. There were a lot of adults so there was a "bar" area for them too! =P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If your child is just turning 1, he will have fun getting to open new toys, and being the center of attention with even no kids and only family at the party. Stick with the inexpensive home party and spend the money on the fun stuff. If he is turning 2, you could check into places where other kids might be. Like McDonald's, Showbiz, Chucky Cheese, just expect it to cost a little more and provide your own cake. There is a good chance he will meet some little guys to play with at one of those places. If your child is use to being around adults anyway, I would just have the home party anyway. He will be the center of attention more than likely and he will get new stuff, and paint himself with cake without getting in trouble. He is going to have a blast no matter what. lol
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 12:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my daughters birthday is also in december. We had a pajama party, where everyone showed up in their pajamas. That way everyone was comfortable, and you still were warm when you went outside (especially if you had flannel pajamas.)
    earlymom4628

Answer by earlymom4628 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009