Any other coal miners wives out there?

Okay my husband has been in the coal mine for about 2 years now, we've been married about a year and a half and have a 5 month old son, so my question is for you ladies out there with coal miners for husbands, I know you have to worry when your husband doesn't come home on time,but my husband is a union coal miner and is only scheduled an 8 hour day, although the ride into and out of the mine total about a 9 hour day, His shift this week is from 8:00 am - 4:00pm day shift, Usual time to arrive home is about 6:00pm and he calls me on his cell on his way home or if he's really late he calls me when he gets to the shower house. Well it's 8:00pm now and i haven't heard a word from him, and no one has called from the mine, my hubby always tells me if he gets hurt they will call me. Should i call the mine and see if he is still punched in, should i wait it out, should i make the hour drive out to the mine? a little advice please.

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Call the mine, its out of the ordinary for him and Im sure you wont be the first wife to call and be worried...... Hope all is fine, let us know (ps, not a miners wife, but that would worry me)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 8:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Call the mine and see if he is still punched in. I would be worried too. Just let them know that you usually hear from him about a certain time and you hadn't heard yet. I wish you luck and hope that all is well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm not a coal miner wife, but he is 2 hours late, I would definitely try to call him on his cell and if he doesn't answer I would call the mine!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• call

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL .... i called the mine at around 8:15pm and they told me a bus broke down (something that takes them from one end of the mine to the other to get onto the elevator) and that he should be on his way to the surface infact as i was getting off the phone with the dispatcher, my husband was walking by him and called me back everything is okay thank god, thank you all for your support.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2009