contractions

im 35 weeks tomorrow and i was walking around the mall today and started having contractions 45 seconds long and about 2-3 minutes apart but in between them, i still had some pain..it lasted for 45 minutes, it took me that long to make it to the car..finally it just stopped and ive been crampy since, especially in my lower back..i could feel the contractions in my lower back, around my hips and in my stomach..
i thought braxton hicks are supposed to go away when you walk? i kept walking around to see if it would stop and it didnt..it stopped on its own randomly 45 minutes after it started..i told myself, if it happens for an hour, im going to the hospital..it hurt so bad that i couldnt focus and could barely walk

do you think i could go into labor soon? like, the next few days soon?
what could that have been about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They can go away when you change your activity, unless you're dehydrated. Or having PTL.
    Be sure to drink a LOT and eat a healthy snack. Rest, too!
    Call in if you can't get them to go away.
    You want to discourage them to be regular this early.
    Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• walking actually causes BH it doesnt make them go away any kind of activity can cause them only thing that makes them stop is laying down and drinking water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You may go into labor soon, but most likely they are just normal braxton hicks (sp?)
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009