ouch, need help.

I'm 23 weeks prego & have had diarrhea & cramping since lastnight.
Anything I can take while pregnant?

brookethomas

Asked by brookethomas at 8:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should get yourself really hydrated!! Maybe try the BRAT Diet (for kids...)
    Your diet can alter your loose BMs so you won't need to take medicine. It's safer to eat bananas & rice, lol!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Ugh, I'm 19 weeks and have been goin thru the same thing for 3 days now! I haven't taken any meds but I've just been pumping myself with lots and lots of water and sticking to the BRAT diet the best I can. It's not really working so I'm going to call my OB tomorrow to see what she recommends. I say if you're still having symptoms in 2 or 3 days to call also... til then just drink loads of water!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• For some women, the hormones REALLY loosen their bowels... Sometimes there isn't much you can do.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• What's the BRAT diet?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Bananas, rice, (not sure on the A but...) applesause, toast.
    I'm normally COMPLETELY constipated while not pregnant..and when I am pregnant the diarrhea keeps flowing and flowing...so frustrating!
    Pretty much just eat bland foods and see if that helps...never helped me, but I just kind of learned to deal with it....I guess it was kind of nice going from maybe pooping 3-4 times a MONTH to 40-50 times a month....ugh. Lol.
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2009