where do you find at home jobs for moms

mammabear664

Asked by mammabear664 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• http://stuckathomemom.com/     Stuck At Home Mom was featured on the evening news as a TRUSTED work at home resource. All jobs are legitimate, no MLM, sales or scams.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I recently started working from home and I’m very happy doing what I do!!! I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. You also get a free website and UNLIMITED training and support!!
    I’d love to tell you more about our wonderful team and introduce you to the business!
    Erika
    Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. I love it. It's fun, it's easy, and it pays very well. Check it out, and let me know if I can help with any questions. Hope you have a great night.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I work at home while being home with my 5 and 2 year old and absolutely love it! I work with a company that recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, and no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in Working Mom Entrepreneurs group and Work From Home site.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2009