At what age should a LO imitate their parents by clicking their tongues, shaking head no, waving ect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In my experience (I have 3 kids) I believe around 8-10mo is normal.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My LO is going to be 10 months and he started doing the imitating but he doesnt do it when I try to get him to. I didnt know if doing it everytime I try was an older skill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My LO is 14 mos but just started the imitating stuff. But she has spent her time on building her vocabulary. She has the vocabulary of a much older child but she is patting the ground like we do and just started clicking her tongue. All of them are different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My DS started doing some things like clapping hands at about 8-10 months. But he really started imitating at about 13-14 months. Now he does everything we do and he's 17 months. It's scary what he notices that we do.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thanks that makes me feel better. My LO does imitate but like I said it isnt consistent everytime I do it. Like this morning he clicked his tongue when I did, but wouldnt shake his head no when I did. It is very inconsistant and that was what I was wondering. Is it usually inconsistant at this age and then as he gets older it gets more consistant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009