How do I get my 8 month old to take longer naps?

My daughter sleeps thru the night most nights. But her naps are typically a half an hour, about 2-3 a day. Is there anyway for me to get her to nap longer? And should I put her on a schedule during the day for napping, like I do at night?

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• by this age they might actually stop their morning nap altogether , honestly not much you can do, she doesn't need as much sleep or as long of naps now my dd is 9 month old and i get one 1 hr nap a day from her and she goes to bed at 8pm now till bout 7am
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would just deal with it. She is doing what her body requires. My LO is a good sleeper and sleeps 12-14 hours at night and then takes 2 1-1/2-2 hour naps a day. Just let her body do what it needs to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Be happy she sleeps through the night!!!!!!!!! Mine is a year and still wakes once a night most of the time. If she isn't on a normal nap schedule during the day you should start one....even if she doesn't sleep longer, at least it is a routine. Who knows, that may be the trick!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009