how old does a baby have to be...?

i was just wondering what age a baby is when you start to give them juice? my son is 8 months old, so i was wondering, he has baby food and all that, but i wasnt sure about the juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can start now, my son's pedi said start giving him Juice at 6 months [my son is 7 months] but half water half juice.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The have juices in the baby food section that you can get...they're made for babies and toddlers and aren't as strong as regular juice...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 6mo i think you start diluted juice, and up to what 3-4 oz i thiink is sufficient
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 6 mos and I wouldn't waste my money on the baby or Toddler juices. Get regular juice and water it 50/50.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think you're definately ok to give him juice now.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• They use to recommend juice between cereal and regular foods, so around 6 months it is safe. I did stick with the baby juices only because the flavors are a little more mild, I am sure about the contents, and no one else was that big on apple or white grape in my house. If you don't use the baby juices, make sure you are getting real fruit juices. Double check the label, you would be surprised at some of the crap that is in "real juice". The less extra stuff that goes into your baby, the less chances of a bad reaction. :) Start with single flavor juices in the beginning, it's easier on the tummy and easier to figure out what the problem is should your baby be allergic to something. :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 11:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• that was about when I started giving mine juice! But it was only like 2 oz a day. I probably could have given her more, I just didn't want her "hooked" on it! I gave it to her mostly for the flavor and always watered it down. She is 21 mos now and I still water it down... and she will drink water and milk as well! But you are def fine with giving baby juice now!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2009