What was the most violent cartoon you watched as a child?

The way the entertainment industry goes,there's a few things that people watch for entertainment.Love stories,sex scenes,violent gun shooting movies,horror films.Well our children, I'm talking to the 5-8 kids,won't be watching love stories,horror films,sex scenes,so what's left?VIOLENCE!!And I've noticed more and more cartoons characters that are ANGRY!This is teaching our children to be ANGRY,DISOBIEDIENT,MEAN,this is entertainment to our children?I notice cartoon network to be the worst.SPONGE BOB is terrible!It's hard to find decent educational and meaningful t.v. shows for kids these days.I suspect most my daughters bad behavior is caused by them.They teach her to be ANGRY,that,THAT'S THE WAY YOU communicate WITH PEOPLE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Roadrunner

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Tom and Jerry but that was funny and shocking and it desensitized us to violence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• aladdin
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The cartoon's now are about people ARGUING.Before they were animals,trying to catch and runaway from eachother and getting squashed by huge falling cliffs.The contents now about todays cartoons are ANGRY at least one or more characters are fighting or arguing with eachother, this why they are bad.If a child keeps seeing this,they'll eventually believe it and start practicing it, making them hostile,hard to get along with others kind of person.We've all heard 'you are what you eat', well it's the same with what you watch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Childrens television is so bad. I think Bart Simson was the downfall of youth in America. Talk about disrespect and making the adults look like total idiots. My ds watches animal planet and magic schoolbus, stuff like that. he wants to watch south park. l.o.l.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am sorry but you can't blame cartoons, tv, music, movies, etc for all of a child's behavior problems. My son has watched Simpsons, SpongeBob, etc since he was 2 and he is now 13. He is respectful, well mannered, intelligent because I demanded it. I taught him what was and is appropriate. Some parents just need to stop blaming media because their kids don't listen, are disrespectful, etc. It is our job as parents to teach our children right from wrong, respectfullness and manners. It is our job as parents to take responsibility when our children don't act appropriately and not blame others.

BTW, the Simpsons, South Park and many others were never meant to be kids shows. If you don't like your children watching something then don't let them. There are plenty of kids cartoons on tv that are age appropriate. Set limits and stick to them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i would have to say teenage mutant ninja turtles..i guess mainly because i wasnt allowed to watch it as a kid..but i did..lol..i was a sneaky kid!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2009