I am losing myself, what can I do?

Okay, I have to take care of everyone in the house except for myself. I have 3 kids. My oldest is in school and I have the stress, my middle is pushing me because he is ADHD, and my youngest is 6 months old and is not sleeping through the night yet. I also take care of my mom who can not do anything for herself. I have to get up in the middle of the night atleast 2 times with her. I also get up with the baby. All the house work s building up on me. My DH and I are not intimate because I am too tired and stressed. He works 6/13 hour days. I don't to over work him since he is the only one working. I can not leave the house for more than an hour because my mom needs me. I never get a break and I can't complain because all I hear is how selfish I am being. (This is from my mom) And she does not want my DH's help. What can I do ladies? Thanks.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 9:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I hear your pain. I can understand. Bless your heart for dealing with this all on your own. I really do feel like the good we do for other people works out for good in the end..always. You do, however, need, NEED to take care of yourself. You need to refuel or you won't be any good to the rest of your family. Even just a half an hour walk outside 4 days a week will help you reset your mind. Remember, every time is a season and you will get though this one too. Try to take your mom's criticism with a grain of salt. She's probably taking it out on you because she feels helpless. I'm sure she has her own issues to deal with and it's coming off as negativity toward you. Don't take it personally, just believe that God gave you this very special job and do it your best. But you must take care of yourself too.
    God Bless and Good Luck!
    HeatherBelle442

Answer by HeatherBelle442 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Do you have a close friend near by, or another family member that lives close. Someone you can trust to come and stay at your house for a few hours. You need a break. Just a few hours will help some. Maybe even if you can find someone to do this for you they would be willing to do it once a week. It is very hard to have your children and a parent to take care of....you need alittle help. Somehow you need to find a way to get alittle time for you. With all the hours your dh is working I know he really can't help you with this, but someone has to. Do you have siblings?
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009