Is it bad to have sex before 6 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• It's best to get the ok from your doctor...with that said, I didn't ever wait the full 6 weeks, we had sex after about 4 weeks.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i waited 10 days .. but only had 2 stitches and wasn't bleeding anymore
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it is better to wait and allow your body to heal also remember how fertile you are

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i was a teenage mother and had sex the day after i got home. i didn't know i wasn't suppose too. nothing happened accept for maybe he was wondering wheres the hole cause it was probably like a cave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• its recommended to wait the 6 weeks. but me and dh had sex after 4 weeks.. my stitches were healed and i had stopped bleeding. and when i went for my 6 week post partum appt my midwife said everything was fine.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i waited the 6 weeks...and then some. i was terrified!
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had my son vaginally and we had sex 4 weeks after giving birth and I was fine. But I had a c-section with my daughter and we did it 2 weeks after she was born...and I suffered BAD cramps for WEEKS!!!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 11:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i had a csection and we had sex after 4 weeks
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• With our first, (c-section) we waited only 5 weeks. With our second, I must have had more tearing than I thought, so it was too painful at 6 weeks. Better at 7 weeks and great ever since.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Two reasons why you should wait: One you have no clue about your cycle ( it is recommended to space pregnancies 2 years ( at least one) but 2 years is the recommendation so that your body fully heals)... and two: The healing process is going on.. and I'll add my own "I just don't get women that can't wait!" There are a few more important things going on the first six weeks anyway.. like sleep deprivation! and OUCH...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2009