im scared

im due in 3 weeks and im so scared,i also have panic attacks and i dont know how ima deal with them,any help? how can i deal with them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take deep breaths!!! lol It's not that bad! If you're having anxiety about labor just pray about it....you'll be fine. Have you taken any classes to prepare you for the birth?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I just had my son 3 weeks ago and I will tell you that if I didn't have to push for 3 hours (my son's head wasn't coming down perfectly straight so he got caught up on my pelvis) labor would have been a piece of cake. I was having cramps that were coming and going at 11am and started to get stronger and closer together as the day went on. By 10pm they were 5 mins apart but I was dealing fine. I sat in the glider in the baby's room and rocked back and forth with my fiance to get through the contractions. We went into the hospital at 11pm and I was already 4cm. I started to get uncomfortable there because I didn't have a rocking chair to work with and just sitting still was bothering me so I got an epidural. Best decision I ever made. I didn't even know when I was having contractions. A few hours later I started pushing and 3 hours later he was born. It hurt the most when he came out but other than that it was not bad at all.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I was due today- I thought I would be more scared, but it was really peacfull knowing its almost at an end. Just take a few deep breaths, and remember women have been doing this for MILLIONS of years, you'll be fine, and the doc will be able to give you something to take the edge off!
    Good luck hon!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• By the way everyone talks it really freaked me out too but I was surprised to find that it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I can honestly say the worst part was pushing and him coming out (I tore) but many women say that's the easiest part. It's different for everyone but you shouldn't worry. One thing that is completely true is once that baby is out, you forget about the pain. :)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Who do you have to help you through labor & delivery? It will really help you to stay strong & confident if you're supported by someone you trust.
    Have you been reading or taking classes or anything to prepare?
    You are normal to have fears BUT please know that the more you can research the things that concern you, the more comfortable you can fell.
    So the more you know, the better.
    Do you think you might be able to get a birth doula to help you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I want you to know that women everywhere all over the planet have been giving birth forever. Women in rice fields would have a baby right there with no help.
    The chances of anything bad happening are very slim becuase you are made to have that wonderful bundle of joy. you CAN do it. You HAVE to, becuase you are the world and beyond to that baby .. they can not live one day without your help.
    Everyone in the room with you will make sure that you and baby are safe.
    just remember to breathe! always think of breathing, try to only focus on this.

take some time to look up what to expect for a basic birth: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/240_1034.as

nessa4555

Answer by nessa4555 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• aww, I feel bad for you. I was terrified too, the first time. But you know what, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be! Hell, I've had worse headaches than labor pains! I'm not gonna lie, it hurts, but it's not as bad as it sounds. If you get to a point that you just can't take it anymore, get some pain meds. That's what they're for. With my second daughter, I labored all night, and almost all day without any pain meds. I finally got to 9 cm, but I just felt exhausted, like I couldn't do it anymore. The doctor put some medicine in my I.V. and it was just enough to relax me a bit, and my daughter was born really fast after that. Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You'll be just fine! Think about all the people you know who have made it through labor and motherhood just fine. You can do it too! When my first was due I was so freaked out but labor was nothing like people make it sound. and the end is so worth it. :D
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 12:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2009