Is it normal to get constipated 2 weeks after giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• I dont know if its the norm. but I did.
    and had to be careful of the hemroids I got from giving birth.. that tossed me for a loop :(
    nessa4555

Answer by nessa4555 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• absolutely. i asked my doctor about it when i went in for my 6-week apt b/c i was still getting constipated and hemroids. she said sometimes it takes a while b4 your body gets back to normal. now im pretty much feeling better. she suggested that i get Miralax to help soften my stool. I bought them the day after my appointment and never used it b/c my body jumped right back into things - LOL. Good Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It took me 2 weeks to have a BM after having my C-section. I ate stool softeners like candy for 2 weeks. BTW, that first BM felt like I was giving birth all over again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It depends on what you are eating.
    You need to drink water and eat high fiber foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
    Dairy and bananas are constipating; meat does not have any fiber.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2009