Should I be offended

I have a son who is 10 and my dh is not is biological although been in his life since he was 5. We got married when he was 6, and had another child who is 4. My son's emergency card from school states to name three other names besides us the parents. I put my parents and asked to only one of his on since they live real close to the school as my parents do too. He first said sure no prob, then called back wanting to know why werent we down there, and I explained what they were asking for. I could tell by his tone he wasnt feeling it, so I said no worries, Imma take him off. His explanation is that he is his stepfather and took on that responsibility and not his parents, which I get. But its just for an emergency contact and they have to go through us and my parent before it gets to his dad. Should I feel offended or be hurt? Or just tame my mother bear that's getting riled up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just find someone else, he is being a butthead. I have my parents and my exboyfriend as emergency contacts for my son. BTW, my exboyfriend in not my son's father--just the man that has been like a dad to him for 3 years now. You don't have to name a relative as the emergency contact, just someone that you trust to pick up your child if they are sick or hurt and you can't be reached.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• So your in-laws are close to your 10 y/o? The 4 y/o is their grandson, correct.? I don't understand why they would be that way, but agree with PP that it can be ANYONE that you trust to take care of your child in an emergency. Could be a neighbor, etc.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009