baby yeast infection help??

any information on, symptoms and treatments. also diper rashes.
would be a great help please

my 7 month old had "diaper rash" for days, So I looked up symptoms and images of yeast infection.
We took her to our pediatrician becuase I believe she has a yest infection. All he said was "it looks kinda yeastie" ....
and proscribed a zinc oxide, nystatin,ra antacid cream to put on her. It wont go away.
I change her frequently, not using wipes but running her bum under the tap. Give chamomile baths and let her sit without a diper often for air. we have also been using desitin on and off.

nessa4555

Asked by nessa4555 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long has she had this problem? Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to clear up if it is a pretty bad infection, but you should be noticing a change within a few days I thihnk. Maybe you should call the pedi, it could be something else altogether. You never know with rashes because they are caused by so many diff. things, she could be allergic to the diapers you are using also!!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son just went through a bad diaper/yeast rash. I alternated nystatin, neosporin and butt paste each diaper change. I did not use the nystatin more than 3x a day though. I also left his diaper off for a while and it took about 5 to 7 days to completely heal. i felt sooooo bad for him. Hope she feels better soon:)
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i was given permission from my ped to use an actual over the counter yeast infection cream on my daughter when this happened..the one i found most effective was called miconazole (something like that) but make sure you talk to your ped first about putting anything on your baby thats not for babies...last thing i need is to be the cause of someones baby haveing a bad reaction.......lol
    but seriously talk to your ped to get the okay....it cleared up QUICKLY for my daughter when i did that...also...ive heard other people say to bring your baby swimming in a chlorinated pool, that it helps dry it out...never tried it myself but thats what ive heard.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my niece had that problem and took a week and a half to clear up. cleaned her with wet wash clothes only. and when giving her a bath used mild baby soap ocassionaly (think most days they just rinsed and wiped her because she was raw for part of that time).....nothing else. used the nystatin on her. i think they also used corn starch at most diaper changes with the Butte Paste (desitin isnn't the best thing out there in my opinion), when the nystatin wasn't used, because that is only so many times a day. i would stop the chamomile baths and just use plain water. that may be irritating it, hard to say. and a nice bland diet too.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• There has been evidence that baking soda can rid fungal infections from the body(look up Dr. Simonchini, hope it's spelled right)Maybe a mild solution of baking soda added to the bath water? Also, if you've introduced yogurt into her diet, make sure she has it at least once a day to fight off the infection through the good bacteria found in yogurt.
    Good Luck!
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 10:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter had bad yeast infections as a baby.

Her peds told us to use LOTRIMIN ULTRA, it is a antifugual cream. It is commonly used for foot fungus. Every time I she would get one, we would use it & the rash would be gone in a day or two. Then a friend told me to use PINKXAV, it is a diaper cream. After the last yeast infection cleared up I switched to PINKXAV & she has never had a yeast infection since. The stuff is a little pricey but worth EVERY penny. You don't need a prescription for it, but you have to get it from behind the pharmacy counter. GOOD LUCK!
    synzmom

Answer by synzmom at 10:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would split open a acidophilus and put that directly on the rash. It really seemed to help if I did that every time I changed a diaper.
    JenBrainard

Answer by JenBrainard at 8:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have heard certain foods like citrus can aggrevate diaper rash. Maybe you could try adjusting her diet?
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009