if you liked fireproof the movie then...

i think you'd like this book "the peacegiver" in fact i kinda thought the movie was some how related to the book cause it has the grandfather teaching the son and in this book it does the same. the book is better though. has any else read and seen the movie both? did you think it was similiar? the book came out first. i read it many yrs ago like 3 yrs.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both of you missed the point of the movie. Its not about christianity but about covenant relationship between the man and the woman and how a man is to treat His wife as a queen... someone who protects her, loves her and cherishes her and will not let any harm come to her. When the covenant is broken the woman feels exposed, not protect and not loved. The man is to pursue his beloved, chase after her and woo her to Him. If you read Song of Songs thats exaclty what happened. It is precious.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I watched fireproof because of it being about firemen. But I'm not a Christian, and although the movie was good, I personally could have done without the references to Christianity. I haven't read the book, but if it is Christian related, like the movie, I'll probably pass. Nothing against Christianity... it's just not my personal beliefs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Fireproof was a Christian movie and was marketed as such. I found it to be over simplistic and far to biased against the man.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• shan, i understood the movie, and that is why I said, minus the Christian aspect, it was a good movie. Well okay, they could have chopped the man character too. His acting wasn't really to my taste (acted a little to rehearsed for me). But I think I would have enjoyed it more, if it wasn't referenced with religion.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I LOVED the movie. And I disagree I don't think it would have been near as good without the Christian background because the comparison wouldn't have been as meaningful.

I thought it was the Father teaching his son?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I loved the movie too and I think its a great movie for married people to watch and to put God in there relationship to make it work

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I seem to vividly remember a cross in that movie. I believe it had more than one aspect to it, The appearance might have been about a man and wife, but the cross pulled the movie with great thought. All of our perceptions were perhaps diverse, that just makes us unique,not a weakness.

It is not so much who is right but how do we implement what we took from this movie in our own personal life expierience with the challenges marriages face and the strength we find in God!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I haven't read that book. I have watched Fireproof and read the book (i have both). I think they are wonderful. I am glad they are Christian. Its not as if we shouldn't have our own movies and books. I wouldn't watch a goth movie (for example) and say I wished everyone wouldn't have had on black clothes and make-up and had dark demeanors....LOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The man is to pursue his beloved, chase after her and woo her to Him. If you read Song of Songs thats exaclty what happened. It is precious

O.K. I get all of that. But none of that excuses the behavior of the wife. I made a promise to my husband that I would not discuss anything that would bring dishoner to him with anyone. She was running off to her girl friends every opportunity she could to bash him, she was in at least an emotional affair with the other man, and even when her husband started treating her like a queen it wasn't good enough. Marriage is a two way street, not just him, not just her. The movie made it all his fault. And as far as Song of Solomon it is first of all written about Gods love for us, not the marriage relationship.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009