has any one ever had a leep procedure and had kids after

i had a leep procedure in feburary of 08 and now my hubby and i want to try and have another baby and i am worried that i wont be able to conceive we tried this month with no luck we are going to keep trying but i got pregnant so easy with my first two kids and i guess i just expected it to happen that easy again we want this so bad and it will be our last one can any one help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• i had a LEEP in may 03 got preg that sept had a m/c then another m/c about a year or so later. however about 4 months after the second m/c i got pregnant w/my dd and now have 2 kids. i was told i have ALOT of scar tissue on my cervix so it made it harder for me to get pregnant, and i didn't dilate past 1 w/my dd b/c of the scar tissue. it may be a little harder this time around, but possible.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had a leep in July 06.  I got pregnant with my 4th child in June 08.  We weren't trying.
    I had a normal pregnancy with no complications. 
    I was told that having 1 leep would not affect getting pregnant.  However, having multiple leeps could affect if your cervix can hold the baby, and steps might need to be taken for that.
    I could see where a lot of scar tissue can interfere as well, but you would need to ask your dr about your specific case. 
    You're welcome to join us in Mom's Fighting Cervical Cancer and talk to other moms who have been through the same thing.

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 11:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had it done before ever having kids and never had a problem conceiving, I did however have a problem dialating, and had to be manually forced open the first two times Very painful, by the time i had my thrid i was dialating and a nurse checked me i was still not quite at 2 and 10 minutes later my daughter was out with no help. The scar tissue can be a issue.

I had the procedure done several times before havign my first child, the last tiem was about a year and a half before i got pregnant.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had 4 kids after having LEEP done. No problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2009