Am I over reacting?

I have a son that will be 3 in Oct. Tonight my DH's mom came by at around 8. My kids go to bed at 9. DH decides to pack up DS things and ship him off to grandma's house for "a few days" asks me in front of her if it is ok with me...puts me on the spot. He has never spent the night there. Is not used to her. Made me look like a bitch because I was not big on the idea...but was to polite to come out and say how I felt. DS has never spent the night away from home. DS's lil bro still lives at home...chain smoker...I am sooo pissed off. I want my son back. Then when I let DH know I'm pissed, he tells me I am lucky he even asked me...it was just a courtsey really. I want to punch him in the face! So...am I right or wrong to be mad and worried. I know I won't sleep a wink thinking he is up crying for me all night long. Plus he is getting up at 4 a.m. so she can take his loser brother to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, you aren't overreacting. I would have never let my child go with her. I'd go get my son. That's just me though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes, you are absolutely right to be pissed. That should have been discussed in private. And why come so close to bedtime? I would have just said NO.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Hun, if you don't want your son there go with your gut feeling... Go get him!!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i'd be in the car on the way to get my kid. my dd spends the night once a week at my mothers but we lived w/her for 2 years and my husband is ok with the arrangement (its so she can see my mom and younger brother who is 16). however the first night she was there w/o one of us, i was there at midnight b/c they called and she couldn't fall asleep so i went to get her but when i got there she wouldn't come home, so i just stayed with her til she fell asleep and told her if she woke up and needed me to call. for him to say it was a courtesy to ask you, i would have walked out the door and told him it was a courtesy he still had his balls.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• go get your son! id be soooooooooooooooooooo mad!
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 11:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• jaw drop.......
    I wouldn't have allowed it.
    go get your son.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Follow your gut, go and get your son. Your DH will be pissed and so will his mom, but at least your son won't be sleeping in a toxin filled house with people he is not comfortable with. You are NOT out of line. I am not judging you, but next time STAND UP for your kid even if you have to be the bitch. Hard as it is, it is your job to keep him safe.

Just a side note - why do you think your DH did this? Was Grandma wanting more time with DS? Is DH feeling neglected and needs more time with you? It was hard for me to let my little one sleep over at my parents house, but she did at 7 months and loves to have sleepovers there now. She has never slept over at my in-laws because their house is not safe and I am not comfortable with it. I told my DH this from the get go. His parents are great and spend lots of one on one time with her, just not overnight. She is 21 months now.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 11:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Your are not overreacting.....sorry but your hubby is an idiot....I agree, call her and tell her you are on your way over to get him...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Go get him...you were not overreacting...your husband sounds like he doesn't care about your son...thats sad...I feel sorry for your son just thinking about it....go get him ad hold him all nite...let your husband sleep alone...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sounds to me like your married to a momma's boy....or atleast one who from time to time is stupid enough to make statements that your lucky you had a say at all. Sounds to me like you really didn't. That is not overreacting, and if possible, nip that sucker in the bud before it turns into a branch!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009