Laptop owners:

Where did you get you laptop, how much did it cost? Is it worth what you paid for it? If you had it to do all over again, would you buy the same kind?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have an HP Pavillion Notebook, I think it was 700 or 800 at costco. I would do it again but it gets hot. Vista might be a problem too as it shuts down occasionally. I bought a protection plan for three years, not sure if that was a good idea or not. I'd probably not go Vista again.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I bought my HP laptop at Sam's Club and with the extended warranty, I spent $800. I love my laptop. This is my second HP laptop in 6 years. I would definately get another HP laptop. I have had no problems with either HP that I have had.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I got mine off aafes online their HP site... I paid $1250 for it. would I buy another, yes I would but I'm pretty rough on them and need a new one every 2 1/2 years..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have an Acer that I bought on sale at I've had it for 3 yearsst buy for $400. It's on it's second hard drive and I've only had it for 2 years. I have an Acer desk top that is great though. Who knows. We also have a Toshiba and 2 HPs . . . the only one still on the first hard drive is the Toshiba . . . . maybe I just have bad luck with computers though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• *at Best Buy
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• we have 2 toshiba's mine was $600 dh's was $1000 (his has a 19 inch screen and i don't even remember what else). at best buy, i love my computer! couldn't figure out what the biggie was about laptops til i got this and then realized how great they really are. so much easier, less space. i've only had it since feb but would def get the same thing all over again. we use AVG virus scan and i've never had a problem with it like i have problems with the desktop.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I got mine at www.newegg.com. It is a sony vio, i paid $2100 for it and love it, i would buy it all over again. I also got a Acer for my son for $400 and love that one as well. And my hubby got a Dell for $800 last month but didnt like it so much so he returned it, Newegg.com has a great return policy up tp 60 days....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have a HP
    Got it at Best Buy for 650 plus warranty for like 100 that lasted a year and all the spyware and microsoft so It ended up totalling at 950 or so.
    I would buy the same one again, I like it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have a HP and bought it from a local computer store for $700 in Jan. this year
    In June I took my daughter to buy a laptop for school and got a ASUS for $500...I found my laptop there for $399! I was mad! But I love my laptop and have no problems with it and my daughter loves her... ASUS
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My husband bought all the laptops in our family and he always goes for the best deals with the best inclusions on the laptops.
    When he buys a new one every 2-3 years he hands his used one down to a family member who needs it. I got his last one so it is still like new because he only bought it a year ago. The college he began to attend included a new laptop in their tuition so he bought an awesome one!
    He did promise me a brand new laptop of my own before the end of this year with the specs I want.
    I don't know what he pays but I know they aren't over $1,000.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2009