Why do some Bio Moms dont like Step moms??

I just want to know why some Bio moms dont like Step Moms??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dunno
    my step mom thought my mom didnt like her but my mom was just like, your not the parent, your husband is...plus by the time this woman became my "step mom" I was already 14 and she tried to step in all of the time, my mom didnt have any issue with her, she just tended to get involved when it had nothing to do with her.

She wanted me to call her mom and stuff like that, LOL I laughed in her face and told her to have her own child so her child can call her mom, I was like y? you didnt raise me..haha
    Some step moms just do too much and over step their boundaries, especially mine. But whatever maybe she just wanted to feel important, when she wasnt, i dunno.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I seriously think it is jealousy...for whatever reason.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 11:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think it is jealousy, but for a good reason! Step moms should butt out and stay out of the real moms business, unless the real mom is like a piece of shit druggy!! Stepmoms have no rights to say what a child who is not theirs can and cannot do, and the real moms can't stand the thought of someone trying to take over their child. Stepmoms often step over their boundaries and they should just stay out of it!!!!!!!!!!!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think it's the other way around. The step mom is insanely jealous of the birth moms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• The same reason (sorta) that step moms don't like the bio moms.. It seriously goes two ways but most people don't see it that way.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It could be a number of things...My step daughter's mom and I get along fine! we both helped my stepdaughter/her daughter deliver our grandson. My husband was dumb founded at how 2 women he had married could get along so well and be supportive enough to help deliver a baby with "HIS DAUGHTER", lol
    What it takes is maturity to move on and not hold any feelings for the ex and not harbor jealousy. No matter what all parties to the children have to be getting along in some fashion. so just drop the jealousy and get along. Be the dults and be the the example for the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Depends on the situation. I get along great with my kids' step mom. Why? Because she loves my kids. Treats them as her own, and doesn't push herself away from them just because they're not her bio kids. When they're with their dad, and they do wrong, she doesn't just sit back and say "welp, they're not my kids, so I don't give a shit!" She acts as a parent, because that's what she IS. When my kids are with her and my ex-husband, she's their parent too. And she respects me.

Not all step moms are this great. Not all bio moms are mature enough to realize that a step mom is their parent while with her and their dad. NOT their mommy, but certainly a parent. Doesn't give them free range to do whatever the hell they want, and boundaries should be set, but the step mom should be expected to just step aside as if the kids don't mean shit to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• anon :50 here:

The last sentence should be "but the step mom SHOULDN'T be expected to just step aside as if the kids don't mean shit to her"

That was a bad typo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Not all step-moms are bad. I didn't like my kids' step-mom because she talked about me behind my back, didn't want me to get any child support because she wasn't getting any from her ex, yelled at and beat my ex in front of her kids, and while they were married, he wouldn't take his overnight visitations with our kids. She also didn't like that her kids started coming to me for homework help. I always treated them well. And I had a better relationship with her husband's family. Sorry. I know this is not typical of most step-parents. Most are loving parents to their step-kids. I'm sure that often, the BM is afraid of the SM taking over or giving the child someplace else to go when things get rough at home. I know I'd have bolted a few times growing up if I'd had someplace to go. I wonder if maybe some SM feel their husbands were not treated well by the ex and are being defensive.
    lizlaughlove

Answer by lizlaughlove at 5:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Don't know ...jealousy, insecurity, stupidity??? who the hell knows.
    I know for me. I have always tried to get along with my EX's girlfriends (I don't think he will ever remarry) so the GF are what I would consider the SM. he has been in a relationship with this one for a few years I hope they are happy together, My son likes her and most of her kids.....lol I know I don't want my EX back in any way shape or form. I have moved on and I am glad he has as well.
    My DH EX has tried to sabotage "us" any chance she gets.....I personally think she knows she screwed up and wants him back but he is happier with me than he was with her and there is no way he would ever want her back.....I think she is now kicking herself for leaving him.....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2009